Sunday, August 15, 2010

Explanations for the pictures

Sorry if you have to keep going back and forth between the picture and description but this is for you Dad since you always ask for them.

1. This is on the island off of Athens. I forgot the name but this is it.

2. Mike and I on the Acropolis with the Parthenon in the background. You will notice that I am wearing the same T-shirt in many pictures. Hector (my site mate) has a professor who passed away. His wife gave Hector the shirt and wanted him to take pictures of the T-shirt in different places. Don’t worry, I asked Hector if I could put it on and he said it would be alright. Anyway, that is why the same T-shirt is in a lot of photos. Ok.

3. Katherine, the volunteer from Moldova, Mike and myself with Skopje, Macedonia in the background. Home of Mother Theresa.

4. Across from this sign is where Franz Ferdinand was shot. The shot that started WWI. I don’t know why Im smiling. Not a really funny place...

5. In Mostar, Bosnia. Some of the other travelers, from left to right. Adam from Sweden, Katherine from Texas, Melody from New York, Duncan from England, and myself.

6. This is a picture in Mostar of a bank that was blown apart during the war. Snipers would sit in the top and shoot people. Its a little risky going up there but this is from the top floor. Really interesting to see all the different graffiti.

7. Shell scars and remnants of buildings in Mostar.

8. Split at night. The picture of the harbor.

9. From the mountains close to Asiago, Italy looking over Padova and in the very far off distance, Venice. Very beautiful scenery.

10. Marco and myself standing in a square in Padova where Marco studies. Again, a hundred thank yous to Marco for showing me around and being a great host.

No comments:

Post a Comment