Thursday, May 20, 2010

Captions to the pictures

So, by request of my Father...

from the top

1) From the left to the right. Shannon, Mike and Sue. Sue is the wonderful lady that we met at the airport the day that I left. We were in her village to visit. It is by Kapan and it is a beautiful village.
2)This is my Grandmother that I live with. This is her flower garden. It is really pretty but she assures me that the flowers will die soon.
3)This is after the poetry contest in the local town. This is my English club. Two of the girls came in second and third place but honestly, I think they should have come in first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth.
4)When we were in Kapan and we hiked to a fort on the side of a mountain. I was the only one to wear boots. Sean decided to wear his new shoes. Well done Sean. Sean just got married to an Armenian so let’s send our congratulations to him. I laughed at him...and Mike... because both their shoes got really muddy. It was funny.
5)This was at Patrick’s birthday. Sean and Brian. Good pair of guys.

“Next” blog
1)Halidzor gorge. Beautiful
2)Mike and myself at the 10th century church that was partially destroyed by the landslide some 100 years after it was built. 3)Seriously one of the most awesome places I have ever been.
Halidzor near Goris. Sean’s village. Just awesome. We do a lot of walking in Peace Corps. Anyway, this Halidzor is the village, the fort we visited, also Halidzor is not the same thing as that one is near Kapan.
4)The girls scared of Michael... The picture is self explanatory.
5)Mike, Sean, and Myself at the Halidzor fort in Kapan. You can’t see how dirty their shoes are.

Anyway, that is all. I hope you can appreciate how beautiful Armenia is now. Winter is completely different from Spring/Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment