Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grandma is awesome because...

Reason #457

Grandma is awesome because when her great-grandchildren (that’s right, she is 70 and has great-grandchildren) are propped up and fall over, she laughs the hardest I have ever seen anyone laugh. For example, my host cousin (if you will) wanted some pictures taken of her daughter in the flower garden. She had her daughter propped up with some sweaters, then after about twenty seconds, the little baby would slowly fall over and totally eat the ground. Meanwhile, grandma is watching this happen, and hitting me on the arm to look, and then laughing hysterically that it happened. I didn’t really help the situation because I would laugh really hard as well...

Reason #458

Grandma is awesome because I worked all day today on my grant for the school. I mean literally all day besides washing my clothes that are three weeks overdue, as a break. She saw how tired my eyes were at dinner and told me that she would write my grant for an hour so I could take a break. How fantastic is that?

So, I figured that I would write to talk about that. Nothing else really going on. The weather is beautiful here. Terri came over last night and we sat and talked on the bench outside. We remarked how it was like being in a movie scene because it is just so beautiful here. Seriously unbelievable.

The next Peace Corps group for Armenia left today for Washington DC for staging. Tomorrow they wake up, drive to the airport, and leave United States soil for at least 27 months. I can’t believe that was me a year ago.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment