Sunday, August 7, 2011

An overdue Happy 70th to my Dad

It was a weird year as neither I nor my mother was going to be at home for a monumental 70th birthday for my Dad. Mom went to Mexico on a mission trip and I am still in Armenia. I was down in Kapan and Lizzie said that she wanted to make a birthday cake, so here it is.

We used Elvira's icing recipe from the PC cookbook and that icing was diabetes-inducing but tasted pretty good. I am pretty sure I gained about five pounds from eating that thing. Anyway, Happy Birthday Dad. I will make it up to you when I get back...


Proof it was made. The cake, with the glory of the sprawling metropolitan of Kapan behind it.


Khashi, Gayane, myself, and other people I don't know at Gayane's birthday party and the last night I would see her before she went up to Sochi.


Three countries represented. There is a reason why the Armenian is between the Iranian and the American. (Just in case there are whackjobs reading this remark, this is just a lame attempt as a joke, do not make a big deal about it).


Me and Ani meeting up with Chris, his Dad, Pat, and Katrina after walking around for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment